Fruity biscuits squares
200g packet Marie biscuits
200g butter or margarine
400g icing sugar
2 eggs, beaten
10ml vanilla essence
500g Safari raisin & berry mix
1. Break the biscuits into pieces and set aside.
2. Melt the butter or margerine in a medium, heavy based saucepan over low heat. Add icing sugar and melt until smooth.
3. Remove the saucepan from the stove.
4. Add a little of the warm mixture to the beaten eggs, mixing well. Add to remaining butter mixture and and continuesly stir to incorporate the egg with the butter mixture.
5. Add the vanila essence, biscuits and fruit mix and mix well. Spoon mixture into a greased 37cm x 26cm pan or baking dish. Leave to cool and refrigerate to set.
6. Cut into squares. Keep in the refrigerator as it will soften if left outside.
Makes about 48 squares