French Toast with Banana
- 125 ml (cup) SAFARI Seedless Raisins or Sultanas
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) SASKO Cake Flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) MOIR'S Vanilla Essence
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 200 ml (cup) milk
- 125 g plain cottage cheese or cream cheese
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sugar
- cooking oil for frying
- 6 slices white bread
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter or margarine
- 3 medium bananas, cut in slices
- about 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cinnamon sugar
- honey or syrup for drizzle
- Whisk eggs, milk, cottage cheese, sugar, cake flour and essence together until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and fry until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towel. Add more oil to fry remaining slices.
- Heat butter in a separate frying pan and fry banana slices for a few minutes.
- Slice French toast in half and place one half on serving plate. Top with banana slices and sprinkle raisins and cinnamon sugar over. Repeat with second slice and drizzle with honey when serving.
You may also like these delicious recipes