Broccoli & Date Salad
Serves 4 - 6
- 100 g SAFARI Pitted Dates, broken into large pieces
- 100 g SAFARI Flaked or Whole Blanched Almonds, toasted
- 500 g small broccoli florets
- 125 ml bought vinaigrette salad dressing
- 125 ml sweet chili sauce
- 45 ml finely chopped onion
- 250 ml baby spinach leaves or tatsoi
- salt and freshly-milled black pepper
- Cook the broccoli until just done but still quite crisp, known as el dente.
- Immediately rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Pat dry thoroughly, place in a glass bowl and set aside.
- Place the dates in a small saucepan and add the dressing and chili sauce.
- Heat gently, remove from heat and pour over the broccoli.
- Add the almonds and onion.
- Toss lightly and set aside to cool completely before adding the spinach or tatsoi.
- Season to taste and toss well.
- Serve as a starter or side dish.
Chefs Hint: Try a sprinkling of SAFARI Pecan Nuts
You may also like these delicious recipes