Candied Peel & Almond Biscuits
- 100 g SAFARI Flaked Almonds
- 750 ml SASKO Cake Flour
- 10 ml MOIR'S Baking Powder
- 250 g butter
- 310 ml castor sugar
- 80 ml orange juice
- 100 g Sugarbird mixed citrus peel
- extra almond flakes for decorating
- extra mixed citrus peel for decorating
- Cream the butter and sugar until light. Add the orange juice.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, add and mix well. Add the flaked almonds and mixed citrus peel.
- Roll into small balls the size of walnuts and place on greased baking trays. Flatten with a fork and decorate with almond flakes and mixed citrus peel.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180º C for about 15 minutes or until brown.
- Place on wire racks to cool.
You may also like these delicious recipes