Serves 25 Slices
- 60ml SAFARI Pecan Nuts, chopped
- 60ml BOKOMO Corn Flakes, crushed
- 60ml MOIR'S Glacéd Cherries, roughly chopped
- 200g dark or milk chocolate roughly chopped
- 80ml fresh cream
- 200g packet of shortbread biscuits crumbled
- 45ml finely diced green fig preserve or stem ginger in syrup
- 30ml brandy
- 45ml icing sugar for dusting
- In a medium sauce on the stove heat the cream on a low heat or otherwise in a glass bowl in the microwave and add the chopped dark or milk chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the icing sugar to the cream and chocolate mixture and put it in the fridge to cool down for about 15min.
- Take a piece of wax paper about 50cm long and scoop out the chocolate mixture lengthways onto the wax paper. Fold the wax paper over the chocolate mixture and mould it into a long sausage form of about 30cm in length. Tie up the ends and put the chocolate salami back into the fridge until firm.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the salami, dust some icing sugar over the roll and cut into thin slices.
Enjoy with coffee or pot still brandy.
You may also like these delicious recipes