Summer Rice Salad
- 3 tablespoons chopped SAFARI Pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup SAFARI Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup SAFARI Whole Pitted and Chopped Dates (about 8 dates)
- 1 cup quick-cooking white, brown and wild rice blend
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the rice and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Spread out the rice on a baking sheet and let cool 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, honey and sesame oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in the rice, cranberries, dates, parsley, spring onions and pecans and toss well to coat.
Add some left over chicken to make this a main meal
You may also like these delicious recipes