Chicken Curry with Dried Peaches
- 12 SAFARI Dried Peaches (whole or half) soaked until soft in water or stewed till soft
- 200 ml sweetened orange juice
- 35 ml butter
- 1 onion, cut into slices
- 4 chicken thighs (superfluous fat cut off)
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 ml ginger
- 5 ml curry powder
- 15 ml vinegar
- 40 ml brown sugar
- 4 ml salt
- 1 chicken stock cube
- If peaches have not been soaked overnight, simmer in 200 ml orange juice.
- Melt butter and fry onion rings and chicken pieces until golden brown.
- Cut spring onions in 2 cm pieces (green parts included) and add.
- Add garlic, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, curry, vinegar, brown sugar and salt.
- Drain peaches and keep liquid. Add peaches to the above.
- Dissolve chicken cube in drained juice and pour over chicken. If all juice has been absorbed, extra boiling water (100 ml) may be used to dissolve chicken cube.
- Simmer till soft. If required, juice may be thickened with 5 ml corn flour
- Serve with yellow rice and raisins.
You may also like these delicious recipes